How to make a complaint

Every Children’s Aid Society has an Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP) process to address the written complaints of people seeking or receiving Children’s Aid Society services. The process involves striking a panel of individuals not involved in the complainant’s case, including at least one person not employed by the agency, to review the complaint. Contact the Children’s Aid Society you were seeking or received services from to find out how to initiate the process.

Please read the Ministry’s’ brochure, which outlines the complaint process.

You can also view the Ministry’s website Do you have a complaint about services you have sought or received from an Ontario Children’s Aid Society? 

In addition to the CAS complaint process, there are steps outlined for to make a complaint to the Child and Family Services Review Board (CFSRB). ENGLISH | FRENCH.

OACAS is a membership organization that works on behalf of Children’s Aid Societies and children in the province. Ontario’s Children’s Aid Societies do not report to OACAS nor does OACAS have any authority over how they deliver service. They are independent organizations managed by community boards and are funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Servicess.